Click Here for RMP Reporting FAQ
Tier II Reporting FAQ
The summary below is for your convenience. We may not have the most recent information. Make sure you check with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for updates and more extensive information.
Who Must File a Tier II Report?
Owners and operators of facilities who have one or more hazardous chemical(s) (defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration [OSHA] Hazard Communication Standard as a physical or health hazard) present at any one time during the previous calendar year, and the hazardous chemical exceeded:
- 10,000 pounds at any one time during the year or
- The Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ) in pounds, or 500 pounds, whichever amount is less (at any one time during the previous year), for any chemicals listed on the Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) list found on the Texas Tier Two Reporting Forms and Instructions Handbook.
If your company did not exceed the reporting thresholds, then your facility is exempt from filing the Texas Tier Two Report.
Is There Software to Help with Reporting?
Yes. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality provides this software.
Exemptions from Filing
Exemptions from filing may be found in either the Texas Tier Two Forms and Instructions Handbook or by contacting the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Specific Instructions for the Potter & Randall County LEPC
The LEPC requires you to submit the Texas TIER Two Report to us utilizing TIER2SUBMIT software. The electronic file can be emailed to: [email protected]
This file will be shared with:
- The Office of Emergency Management
- Amarillo Fire Department
- Potter County Fire Department
- Randall County Fire Department
If you have any questions regarding this request, please contact us at [email protected]